Ooey Gooey Butter Cake is the dessert connoisseur’s dream. I think its the perfect, but slightly sweeter, substitute for a slice of cheesecake.It is perfect straight out of the oven and even after a week in the refrigerator. The crunchy buttery crust is complimented perfectly by the rich gooey center.
If you have never been had Gooey Butter Cake before, this recipe is definitely a must try. It is extremely easy and simple, so make it for your next dinner party or just as a casual afternoon snack.
Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
2 sticks of unsalted butter
1 – 8oz box of cream cheese (softened)
1 – 16oz box powdered sugar (4 cups) + 1/2 cup for decoration
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt one stick of butter in a medium-sized bowl
3. Mix in 1 box of yellow cake mix until there are no clumps.
4. Press into a 13×9 inch baking pan.
5. Melt 1 stick of butter
6. Whisk in the cream cheese, egg and vanilla until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
7. Stir in the powdered sugar until thoroughly combined
8. Pour over the crust
9. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until the crust is golden and the center jiggles when the pan is shaken. If you prefer a gooyer center then bake for less time.
10. Let the cake cook for 30 min.
11. Dust cake with the remaining powdered sugar.
12. Cut into small squares and enjoy (warm or cold)!